I’m excited to announce that I’ll be running my first Beginners Photography Workshop in Folkestone, Kent on Sunday 25th February 2018.
The group beginners’ workshop is a full day session (10am-4pm) ideal for beginners or those who know the basics but would like to use their DSLR camera with more confidence and creativity. There will be a maximum of 10 attendees at this relaxed and friendly practical workshop. I’ll explain how to use the manual settings on your camera for better control, and I’ll share examples of my professional, personal and travel photography work along with my top tips on how to get the shot. There’ll be a chance to practise some street photography and to take some portraits too!
Subjects covered will include:
- Understanding exposure and the relationship between ISO, shutter speed and aperture.
- Composition, lighting and shooting creatively.
- Practise shooting sessions both indoors and out and about on the streets in Folkestone’s harbour and Creative Quarter, with one-to-one guidance from me.
- An insight into my approach to photography – choosing subjects and capturing the moment.
The day will run roughly as follows:
- Welcome chat over coffee.
- Why you need to get your your camera off auto mode.
- Tuition on basic manual settings and exposure.
- Practise shooting session – indoors.
- Composition, finding the light and shooting creatively.
- Practise shooting session – outdoors.
- Q&A and beer!
No prior photography knowledge is required to attend the workshop. You’ll need a camera! You’ll also need to know how to change the ISO, aperture and shutter speed settings on your camera, and how to switch into manual (rather than auto) mode. Consult your camera manual if in doubt (or give me a shout if you get stuck!).
Book Beginners Photography Workshop in Folkestone, Kent
Spaces are strictly limited! Get in touch with me at email@example.com or call 07841457799 to confirm your place. The cost of the full day workshop, including lunch, is £125 per person. A £50 deposit is required to reserve your place on the workshop – this is non-refundable and the £75 balance will be due on or before 31st January 2018.
Workshop gift vouchers are available, in time for Christmas!
(Photos from recent personal work)